Restor-A-Shine Polishing Compound
- Safely polish out and buff away fine scratches, oxidation, dullness, and haze on glossy wood finishes
- Developed especially for glossy polyurethane, lacquer, varnish, and shellac wood finishes, including furniture, pianos, and guitars
- Revives shine to dull areas, eliminates steel wool swirl marks, and most other minor surface blemishes
- Use as the final step in rubbing out a new high gloss wood finish to achieve a mirror like finish
- Creamy formula that can be used with a cloth or an electric buffer
Restor-A-Shine Polishing Compound is specially formulated for restoring the high gloss shine to wood finishes. Use on wood furniture, bar tops, table tops, even pianos to buff away fine scratches and dullness, returning clear coat finishes to a high shine. Perfect as the final step in rubbing out a new high gloss finish or for restoring gloss to a high shine wood finish that has been dulled by steel wool.
Restor-A-Shine contains extremely fine micro polishing powders, blended together with select oils and waxes to produce this unique wood finish polishing compound. Safe to use on all clear coat finishes including: lacquer, varnish, shellac, and polyurethane. Will not lift veneer or soften a hard finish. Does not contain silicone or linseed oil.
Surface should be free from dirt and dust to prevent scratching. Finishes vary in hardness, so test pressure to be used on an inconspicuous spot. Rub hard enough to achieve a shine, but do not rub through the finish to the wood below.
- Shake well before using.
- Apply a generous amount of Restor-A-Shine to the working surface or a clean soft cloth.
- Rub in a circular motion, adding more if necessary, eventually working into a rubbing motion in direction of the wood grain; rubbing until desired results are achieved on that area. Move onto the next section and repeat.
- Check results and repeat process if necessary, occasionally rotating the cloth while rubbing until the compound is buffed away.
- If residue remains, buff with a new soft cloth or polish and wipe clean with Howard Orange Oil or Lemon Oil Wood Polish.
CAUTION: EYE IRRITANT. Do not mix with other chemicals. Do not get in eyes. Do not swallow. Wear safety glasses. Keep out of reach of children. Contains: crystalline silica and butoxythanol. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. If swallowed, call a doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. Store in a cool place. Keep closed.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.